Thursday, June 08, 2006

Obsessed


I decide it would be fun to take a shot at doing some comic book inking. I did a google search and came up with a link to "Top Cow" studios, they had a section where you can download some previously penciled art, and then do you inking from there. I downloaded a couple of pages and thought I would see what I could come up with. I posted the art with the pencil work on the right, and my ink work on the left. I am quite pleased with how this ended up looking, what do you think? I gotta tell you- I had a great time working on this. All in, I think this took me about 5 hours, and I was enjoying every minute of it. I am clearly obsessed with drawing- I really gotta get into a job that I can draw for 8 hours or more a day... Think I will take a shot at inking a few more of those sample pages... good way to ease into my 39th birthday tomorrow.

7 comments:

Lou said...

Never knew stuff was out there to practice this with. Actually, I never even thought of going out looking for this. Great job with the inking.

Hans said...

Hey Patrick,

Great work and happy birthday:) As much as you enjoy drawing, you should definitely go for it and turn it in to your profession. I draw eight hours a day and have been for about 6-7 years now and I still enjoy it. It's like gettin' paid for doing your hobby:)
Good job on the airbrush too.

Take care,

hans

Chrissie A said...

Really nice job inking, Patrick! Looks great!

And HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY! :D

scottra said...

Happy Birthday!

That's a beautiful job. If you get this whole getting paid to draw scheme going, please let me know how you did it! I'd give my right arm to do nothing but draw all day.

Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

kool work here as well thanks for the comment and drop by it's appreciated take care!!!

kcirbuk said...

Patrick! Looks great!

Paco K.

Chris Wahl said...

Great inking Patrick. Since you requested it here are a few comments on your inking.

-The linework on the smaller detailed panels looks a little thick in places.

- You've changed her eye direction in the larger pic. Before she was looking at the head, now she's looking at the sword.

But overall beautiful work, Patrick. Looking forward to seeing more.