Thursday, December 29, 2005

Hog Wild


In 2004 I spent almost half the year travelling in conjunction with my job. Living in a hotel room gets pretty boring at times, but on the positive side, it also affords time for artwork. This logo was created in a hotel room in a town near Cincinatti, Ohio. I have an uncle that brews his own wine, and he asked me if I would take a shot at creating a logo that he could use on his wine bottles. This is what I came up with for him. I started with a simple concept sketch of the hog (my uncle is also an avid Harley Davidson fan/owner, thus the HOG part of the logo) which I then used a reference to create the artwork in Adobe Illustrator. My uncle was quite pleased with the final product, and I quite like the grumpy personality the hog exudes.

No comments: