Monday, January 22, 2007

Judge, Jury and Executioner


This was a tough topic for me, as there are too many cool super heroes to choose from. In the end, I had to go with Judge Dredd... I first got into Dredd around 1986 thanks to the heavy metal band Anthrax, and their incredible song "I am the Law" from the "Among The Living" album. I started collecting the comics, and have been a fan ever since. this painting is based on a drawing by Brian Bolland, one of the most amazing comic artists of all time. I was hoping to get a chance to meet Brian at Comic Con last July, but for one reason or another I never got to. So forget about that travesty of a movie with Sly Stallone, and go pick up an early issue of Judge Dredd... Judge Death is possibly the coolest comic villain ever created... need to do a painting of him sometime soon. This one was painted with an airbrush.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the king of airbrush. I just love this piece!

Does he burp to turn into Dred? (personal joke). It's gotta be a pretty good belch to look that good!

Fantastic!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

DROKK !! This is so cool !

Anonymous said...

Grudammit!! Yes - judge dredd IS the best out there . I grew up reading everything 2000ad and have it all behind me on a shelf to this day .
Seriously inspiring stuff - particularly Cam Kennedy and the AMAZING Mick McMahon .

Great version of J.D
More please .

Thanks for stopping by the ol' blog .Glad you liked the comicbook story - I plan on doing a hell of a lot more with it and the characters within.