Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Proof of Insanity

In addition to my passion for artwork, I also have a passion for design. I have always loved logo design, and many years ago I saw a logo someone had created that said "John Wayne" both forward and backward. You could flip the logo over and it read the same both ways. At the time, I thought that was just about the coolest thing I had ever seen. Obsessed by the concept, I spent a long time (too much time) trying to do the same thing with my own name. I came up with what you see here. I think I created this a good 5 or 6 years ago, and I figured it was amusing enough to post. I have to admit that there are some letters in this that are a bit of a stretch, but overall I was pleased with the way this worked out. If you have too much time on your hands, take a shot at doing this with your own name. I guarantee it will drive you crazy- and if you suceed, then I think it's probably just proof that you were already insane. In my case, there was never any question! (The red and blue dots were added so you can see that the logo is in fact flipped over.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

boggles my mind to even think to give this a try ...you need to have an exclaimer.

Kids do not attempt this. Hes a pro