Monday, January 30, 2006
Ace Frehley Airbrushed T
Been drawing up a storm still, and with tomorrow being the last day of January, I needed an excuse to summarize what I did this month... and what I need to keep doing to reach my goal this year. So with that in mind, here is another photo from the archives, this was a commissioned shirt I did many years ago, basically just my best imitation of the KISS Solo album cover of Ace Frehley. Turned out pretty good tho.
Alright... so January's accomplishments:
1. Lots and lots of sketching. Could probably have done more, but I know for sure that I drew every day this month, which is great for me, haven't done that for a long time for sure. It has certainly been therapeutic and helped me improve. Also woke up a sleeping giant inside that has re-kindled the fires of inspiration!
2. Created this blog. Wasn't sure if this was gonna be a good thing or not, but it has become an addiction and I have been amazed at the incredible network of talented artists I have been able to hook up with. I was able to get back in contact with my old friend Garth Bruner, along with another old friend and a great artist, Darren Albertson. I also got several nice compliments on my work from a number of great artists that I met through networking. Very cool indeed, and a big big help to keep the creativty wheels in motion.
3. Made a commitment to go to the San Diego Comic Con in July. Can't wait! Extra thanks to my sweetheart of a wife, Mimi. You rule babe, thanks for all your support!
4. Became aware of how much I really need to get back into the creative world. Wow, this one was huge. It has been a LONG time since I have felt this much creativity coursing through my veins, and it has made a statement loud and clear... time to get back to where you belong!! Working on that goal every day and I am a better person because of it.
Alright, this is turning into a novella, but very quickly I want to list some of next month's goals: 1. Create a website. The Blog is awesome, but gotta have a palce where I can post a bunch of art and be able to send potential clients there.
2. Double the sketching time. I know I can do it, so I am gonna do it! 3. More networking, and start making my artwork more visible to try and generate some work.
BRING ON FEBRUARY!!!